rainbowshark/platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gail

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased a rainbow shark at Petsmart the other day. They were very hesitant to sell it to me because I have platies in my tank.

I've had fish tanks for probably 8-10 years now, and I've always had a rainbow shark in my tank. The rainbow shark has always gotten along with my other fish. Just wondering if anyone knew why Petsmart would say that.

The shark I purchased, when I put my finger on the tank and asked the fish if he/she wanted to come home with me he did a dance, so I had the lady net that fish.

gail :thanks:

What size is your tank?

I had to rehome my rainbow shark because he ate my school of zebra danios.

Wow ... in this case it sounds like the Petsmart Employee actually took some initiative. Rainbow sharks can be territorially aggressive ... not as bad as Redtail Sharks ... so they were probably just looking out for your platies.

I have zebras in my tank too, the rainbow shark has never bothered
anyone of my fish. I see the shark chasing them, but my other fish chase each other too. I do know rainbow sharks are territorial.

I have a 47 bow front. My next tank is going to be a 55 gallon. I'm about due for a new one.

AND yes, the Petsmart (in Greendale, WI) actually knows what they are talking about when you ask a question, these girls are well schooled in fish lingo.

gail

Back
Top Bottom