Rams in a 20 GALLON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my tanks is a 20 gallon high (23" wide,12" deep, and 16" high), planted with small, low FAKE plants. In the tank is a mature angel, 2 Gold Rams, 1 smaller albino bushynose catfish.
I wanted to add 2 Blue Rams, but have been advised against that. Since the tank looks empty (but peacefull) would it be overcrowding to add another 2 Gold Rams or would that be looking for trouble ?

Thanks for your input

I would not add to that stock in a 20 as I fear it will be overstocked as is once the angel (how big is it now?) and pleco grow out.

I would not add any more IMO. The angel will grow and need the room and since it is a 20 gallon high the gold rams need the room at the bottom as there is not much ground space. Maybe some smaller fish like a small school of neons of like 4 or 5 but that is absolutly the MAX i would add and i wouldnt add that probaly.

I would not add to that stock in a 20 as I fear it will be overstocked as is once the angel (how big is it now?) and pleco grow out.

+1. The BN and angel will be a heavy bioload at adult size, plus the rams.

I wouldn't add 2 more Rams, the bottom of the tank will be overcrowded.

However I think 4-6 of a small schooler would be fine, as they have a near negligible bioload. The trick will be finding something that the Angel won't eat though.

Back
Top Bottom