Rearrangements and changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirtautoguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This might turn into a long post but any help would be greatly appreciated!

My tank Is a 29 gallon tank with a hob aqueon 30 gal filter and a tetra whisper 10 gal.

The idea of a extra filter was, one my mom was taking care of the tank for a while (8months) only had 2 deaths one jumped ship and the other just died. and 2 to cut Down on the cost of filters but I would rather have one filter with the extra filtering ability with cheaper filters if that makes sense. I was looking at possibly a canister filter or a hob 55-75. I do a partial water change every week and I replace the filter as needed (usually about once a month sometimes twice) what would be a better alternative? Water changes aren't a problem.

The tank has 4 albino cories, 3 rasboras, 5 glolight tetras, 4 shrimp ( I can't remember their name they aren't very big maybe 1.25"),1 black skirt tetra, and one common Pleco who will be finding a new home very soon. It also has 4 anubias plants.

What would be the best way to find a good home for the Pleco he is just to big I feel bad about getting rid of him but I think he would be happier. Petco said they had people on a list for donations of Plecos is that a good idea? I want to make sure he will have a good home.

I think after the Pleco is gone I want to put some more small fish in. I was thinking of putting some neon tetras, more glo lights or some other colorful fish like that would they all school together?

The other thing I have noticed is that the glo lights and rasboras like to swim towards the bottom of the tank around the anubias plants. I'm not sure if it's just because I don't have tall plants or cover or what but I would like to see them spread out through the tank more if that makes sense. Would plastic tall plants help that? What would be good live plants for that?

Last, I have a fake rock and a smallish pot but I think I'll take atleast the rock out it seems to be more of a space consumer then any cover And I don't think it fits in very well. I would like to use some drift wood or something that has holes and places to hide in.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom