Recommendations for "The reference " aquarium plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scuba_dude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

Just switched to natural plants after 30 years of plastic.

Could you recommend some good reference books on plants.
I would also welcome links to technical articles.

Thanks In advance

Pick up a copy of the Hobbyist Guide To The Natural Aquarium by Dr. Chris Andrews published by Tetra Press. Easy to understand and has diagrams of various biotypes with photos and drawings showing plant placement and fish chosen. Happy New Year :D

I was thinking about buying a book when i first started too, but i decided not to. With the age of the internet you can find practically anything for free. All it takes is alittle time and effort. I am thinking about getting Amano's books though. I've seen a few pictures and there are incredibly beautiful tanks and aquascapes in them.

Plantgeek.net
Aquabotanic.com
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/index.htm (Chuck Gadd's aquarium pages, you'll see lots of references here at AA to his articles)
nature-aquarium.com/home (Thanks, Travis!)

There are so many more, but those come to mind right away.

The best link is Aquariumadvice.com :wink: Whatever questions you have, I am sure someone here can help!

I recently got the first volume of the Nature Aquarium- I don't remember what the title was- Amano's book. It is full of great pictures of planted tanks. For a couple of them it shows the steps he took to make it. On all of the tanks pictured he lists all the water conditions for the tanks and the size and how much CO2 he injects. Keep in mind while you look at the tanks that he probably has the best CO2 injecters and he also has mechanical pH monitors that fix the pH so he doesn't have to check it. The tank sizes are listed in volumes so you'll have to convert them. The smallest tank shown is around 3 gallons then 5 then 15 then 20s and keeps going up to over 200+. You'll also have to identify most of the plants yourself (that's basically the only bad thing).

Back
Top Bottom