Recommended fish for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got a new 30 gallon fish tank! :) I need suggestions for fish that go good in a 30. Currently I have a school of lemon tetras in the tank to help cycle it. Thanks guys! I like fish that can get big but be okay in a 30 :)

Just got a new 30 gallon fish tank! :) I need suggestions for fish that go good in a 30. Currently I have a school of lemon tetras in the tank to help cycle it. Thanks guys! I like fish that can get big but be okay in a 30 :)

Gouramis, apistos, rams, and galaxy rasboras are my favorite fish.

I would get a pearl gourami, get pretty big, along with a pleco like a male bn, and you can try a spotted Raphael catfish

Male BN plecos are what gives small children nightmares. No thank you.

Hah lol, ok then, I guess you can try a clown pleco, or if you have 50 bucks a golden nugget, and if you have 500 bucks a zebra pleco lol
Also, bn females look very nice, like a male without the bristles

Harlequin rasboras, glowlight danios, or south american bumblebee catfish would be cool.

Isn't a 30 gallon tank only 12" tall? If so that will not work for angelfish. There are top swimmers like Hatchet's and Threadfin Rainbows that would work. You could do a pair of rams but if you like German Blue Rams I suggest waiting to get them till the tank is at least 4 months mature. You could do a shoal of cory cats for the bottom of the tank or some Dwarf Chain Loaches which are fun active little guys. Other schooling fish that would work are neons, cardinal, or rummynose tetras along with Purple or Regular Harlequin rasbora's.

One angelfish should be fine in a 30 gallon. Most people rule off 30 gallons for one, and 10 gallons per extra.

I personally think these fish would go nice for a 30 gallon:
~Galaxy Rasboras
~Red Eye Tetras
~Platys
~Guppies
~BN Plecos (female as stated before so no nightmares :) )
~Khuli loaches
~Diamond Tetras

For centerpiece fish:
~Angelfish
~Gourami

One angelfish should be fine in a 30 gallon. Most people rule off 30 gallons for one, and 10 gallons per extra.

I personally think these fish would go nice for a 30 gallon:
~Galaxy Rasboras
~Red Eye Tetras
~Platys
~Guppies
~BN Plecos (female as stated before so no nightmares :) )
~Khuli loaches
~Diamond Tetras

For centerpiece fish:
~Angelfish
~Gourami

What happens with make BN plecos?

Back
Top Bottom