Red Tailed Black Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it be possible to add a RTBS to this possible setup:

1 BGK
7 congo tetras
7 emperor tetras
2 BNs
3 Pearl gouramis
2 Bolivian Rams
2 angelfish???<---not sure on these

Thanks for any help.

A good friend had a RTBS in a 6 ft tank... Don't know the volume..... But it had similar fish. I don't see a problem if the tank is over stocked. However, you would need to double check each fishes requirements and tempraments.
Some of those fish may prefer slightly alkaline water, where as the rams and emperors prefer slightly acid water.

With fish being raised in tanks this may not be critical so check it out carefully first.

I just saw that your tank is 10 gals. That, in my opinoin is slightly too small for the number of fish you are wanting and for the types.

I would recomend the emperors and Rams and perhaps 3 cory cats. But that might also be overstocked.

keep this in mind-
RTBS get to be about 5in and are aggressive towards other types of sharks
angels can get to be about 8in
rams get to be 4in
and the gouramis I believe get to be 4-6in
And, with the tetras thats about 28 in total
and i don't know what BN's and BGK's are

You would need a tank that was AT LEAST 55gal and then that would be pushing it

if your tank is only 10gal (like mattrox said) you could have the two rams or one angel or something along those lines

Why am i not seeing where he said tank sizes??

then a 90gal would work pretty well with those =o)

but what are BN's and BGK's ?

Opps. :oops: My first post should have said "I don't see a problem if the tank is NOT over stocked." :oops: Damn keyboard.

The 10gal tank is in the profile. In a tank over 70gal the fish listed should all be ok.
Are BN's black neons?

HAHA, yeah its 90 gal! I think I'll get one, yay! They look so cool. BN is a bristle nose plece(4-5 in) and a BGK is a Black Ghost Knife(up to 20 in.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom