Rehoming!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kchung5299

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank with 7 guppies (Soon to be placed in my 10 gallon), 13 neon tetras, 4 platies, 2 Long-finned red minor tetras, 3 black skirts, 2 zebra danios, a clown pleco, and 3 otocinluses. Are there any way I can put those fish somewhere else so I can put in semi-aggressive fish in? I want a rainbow shark and a few knifefish. Maybe some other fish. Any suggestions?

If you want to put the fish somewhere else you either have to get another tank or rehome them. I haven't had any knifefish in ages but from what I remember most get too large for a 55g tank, and you can't keep multiples in that for absolute sure. The only knifefish if I remember right that can be kept in a 55g is an African Knife (and someone correct me if I'm wrong). I think you can keep a redtail shark, just one, in a 55g. You may be able to keep the black skirts in there for awhile but I'd up the school to 6. The pleco would be fine also.

I want a rainbow shark mostly, the knife fish really isn't important. Maybe a few other, smaller semi-aggressive fish. Is there any way I can get a rainbow shark? I can find a few homes for a few other fish if necessary.

In my 55 I have a rainbow shark in with a school of 5 black skirt tetras and some other fish. The tetras are the only fish the rainbow shark has never bothered

You should be able to get a rainbow shark but I'm pretty sure they can get aggressive with smaller tankmates. Still think the Skirts will do fine if you up their numbers alittle. I think the neons would have to go but the others might do okay until the rainbow got bigger. One option for slightly bigger fish that would go in a 55 would be a school of rainbow fish. You should look into the different kinds.

Don't get balas or retail. One rainbow will be okay with the tetras. Don't get any knife fish . Way too big for a 55g.

Back
Top Bottom