Restocking Later in Future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caligulasAquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now, I have received a lot of help to fight the ammonia and pH problems in my tank, so thank you very much. While I am fighting it, I want to do my restocking research, as I soon may only have 3 fish, and one nearing his first birthday. I have a 55 gallon, running for a year, stocked with:
x1 Ghost knife, 6-7", but will be about 7-8" when I restock, possibly 9-10". Please note that I plan on not keeping him permanently, I will probably give him to a friend if they have a large enough tank, or sell him.
x1 double black angelfish
x1 unidentified species angelfish
x1 long finned rosy barb
Additional notes:
The angelfish are about the size of a half dollar, and are basically paired together now, when I bought them, the black angel was with another, but his partner was eaten by a plecostomus, and now he is getting along with his new partner. The rosy barb used to have a school, but the school died off, and he seems to be doing fine for now, but I'm not sure.
I want some fish that I could find for fairly cheap, not like $30 fish, simply because I cannot afford it. I want fairly cheap but good community fish that will get along with my angels and rosy barb. The ghost knife doesn't bother with anyone, he loves his cave and only comes out to move to another cave or at night. I would like to have upper-middle level fish, but small bottom feeders that my ghost knife would not eat are okay, like maybe a cory cat or an upside down cat or something. I've seen some pretty cool fish at my LFS, and they're pretty pricey, but they also do 2-1 sales a lot, like my angels.
Sorry it's so long, I'm pretty picky xD
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom