Rock Catfish SAVE HIM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to the pet store today and they had 2 tiny little guys. They were so tiny I could barely see them in the tank. The guy said they were Rock Catfish and then he typed a few things on his phone and said they get to be like 12 inches. I have googled and cannot find any info on them. I kind of want to save them, the fish department is shutting down and most likely be taken home by someone not keeping them right or getting them and releasing them into the wild when too big. They just had an incident where the manager put puffers in with 2 red crystal shrimp. They didn't have a chance.
They were less than the size of my pinky, beige in color. They were also on beige gravel. I could barely see them. If I did rescue them, I have no idea what I would do with them. I have a 20 high with no bottom dwellers. They are tiny enough now to fit, but no idea what to do?
Help AA your my only hope!

I would also be willingly to save and ship them to someone. They would have to pay the shipping and direct me how to ship. I think they might be a rare species and needs to be with someone who breeds or will save it.

it might be, it was so small. It was the less than the size of 2 pieces of pea gravel. I think it might or it might be a Banjo cat? I think it looked like the picture, but it was sooo tiny.

I know. I am going back tomorrow. If it is them, what should I do? I'll have them take them out of tank and I'll really look at them

Sounds like they don't grow to quick. If you have room. You may want to scoop them up. That way you will have time to find a good home. Do you have a public aquarium? You never know they may be into a find like that.

I will do. If they do grow too bug, check your mailbox they are coming to you:lol:

I have identified him as a Asian stone Catfish. Looks like a plane, he was in the bottom tank and I had to lie on the floor to get a hold of him. Hopefully he won't eat the ghost shrimp

Attachments

• stonecat.jpg
    stonecat.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 551
I am worried he won't eat what I have, freeze dried daphia, freeze dried bloodworms, Tetra Granules. Thats all I have. Says they only like live food or frozen. I also have brine shrimp decapped? What to feed?

If in doubt, Blood worm dried or frozen. He is probably stressed and won"t eat for a day or so. It will give ya time to grab some frozen.

Back
Top Bottom