Rubberbands in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jratuszn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are rubberbands ok to stick in the tank? I'd like to use some to bunch a few stems of anacharis to a weight to stop my plec/labs from uprooting them.

-J

I don't think they cause problems, other people use them. I prefer cotton thread or fishing line myself.

Try using an plastic coffee lid or a the plastic lid from a tennis ball can. Cut a small x in it and trim the sharp edges, then poke the plant through. You can bury the lid under the gravel and it will hold the plant down.

Depend on your disipline.
in long term, rubber material will become harden n brittle so as long as u check the thing time to time then is ok, if not, choose plastic material as they can withstand longer (eg. abs plastic). fishing weight would also be good substitude.

I don't leave rubberbands in my tank long term; I've had too many rubberbands snap on me and they've never seen water ;)

I do use it sometimes to attach zucchini to my plecs driftwood tho.

DMunt said:
Try using an plastic coffee lid or a the plastic lid from a tennis ball can. Cut a small x in it and trim the sharp edges, then poke the plant through. You can bury the lid under the gravel and it will hold the plant down.

Thats a great tip thanks..Ive been useing those lead strips which you get when you buy the plants

Back
Top Bottom