S/A Bio-type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bert12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I've been looking into redoing my 29 community into a S/A bio-type. I have come up with, 2 rams, 12 rummy nose tetras, 4 corys, and 1 farlowella (aka twig cat). I would appreciate suggestions for other fish/plants/inverts. Please keep in mind I want it to be a S/A bio-type.

Thanks,

Bert12

Your fish selection is ok although you could add a dwarf pleco such as a bristlenose to the mix. As far as plants are concerned, you'll find that most of the plants available are either of Asian or African rain forest origins.

There is also the Apistogramma spices. There a beautiful south American dwarf cichlid that can be housed with a huge number of differnt spices from south america.

Weasel F.- I will have all the cichlids I want with the rams. :wink:

JustOneMore20-I think i'll take your advice. :)

Jchillin-I can't stand plecos, they are just SO UGLY, I can't stand them! :wink: Do you know of any plants from S/A?

Thanks all :D

Most all plants on the market today come from the rain forest region of Central Africa and Asia. I've run across a coupe of plants from South America but they where so costly I could't afford them or my budget.

Search on tropica.com. Go to advanced search and then choose South America where it says continent. It will give you a list then.

I tried to search and then paste the page on here, but it didn't work. It just went back to the front page.

The choices are pretty limited though...

Back
Top Bottom