School Selling Goldfish!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
So yeah, I am apparent part of this club at my school which basically raises money and stuff. So they get the bright idea of "hey, lets sell goldfish in dollarstore bowl to raise money." Apparently two years ago this event raised a lot of money for charity, so their doing this again. So I'm like agh, pretty much there are gonna be a lot of goldfish dying in about two weeks. I voiced my opinion against it, and nothing happened so now I have to advocate selling these fish to help people in need. I'm hoping that at least I will be able to type up a general care guide so that the fish hopefully don't die that quickly, so now I guess the positive side that I can think of in this case is that (A)at least the money is helping people in need, (B) there are gonna be goldfish that aren't gonna be used at feeders so they "might" live longer, (C) hopefully after looking at my care guide these fish might get the better of two evils so to speak.

I just wanted to vent a bit.

i think the care guide will be very very helpful. suggest a local place for the people to buy a biggert tank or atleast tap water detoxfier. and stress the water changes as much as humanly possible.

ggod idea water pond but the intitial cost will be higher and they can not make as much of a profit. a feeder is maybe 16 cents plus a 1 dollar bowl compared to a 5 dollar betta and a bowl. u can sell the goldfish for 5 bucks and the betta for maybe 8.

WaterPond said:
also, is it possible to sell accesories like mini filters, bigger tanks, and air pumps?

of course it is, but who do you think is really gonna buy them, people dont care

hc8719 said:
WaterPond said:
also, is it possible to sell accesories like mini filters, bigger tanks, and air pumps?

of course it is, but who do you think is really gonna buy them, people dont care

not with that attitude mister!!! lol people may not care to do water changes weekly but if u put the information out there and give them the options it may just work.

mr funktastic said:
people may not care to do water changes weekly but if u put the information out there and give them the options it may just work.

your right, and maybe someday people will care enough not to keep bettas and goldfish in bowls.

im an optomist and animal rights activist, but humans will continue to induce animal suffering, as we have since our existance.

i do applaud unknown 7 for speaking his mind, and i do hope you giving away info packets, (as well as possibly selling airators and stuff) works out well.

Thanks everybody. I try, LOL. On a serious note I really do hope the info packs work.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom