second dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
We recetly picked up a red flame dawrf. Well inside our local petco they had a blue version my GF fell in love with.

Will two drawf gouramis and an angle be okay?
Right now I have a decent assortment of fish who get along and know dwarfs are not aggressive but just wanted to be sure.
Was thinking about grabbing it for her THEN cutting off stock.

I will removing my two bumblbee gobies soon when I set up my small pea puffer tank so that should open the spot.

thanks

No, they will probably murder each other.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

The two gouramis? My angel and dwarf now get along fine. Are you saying the two dwarfs would attack and kill the angel?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The gourami will go at each other.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Male dwarf gouramis are likely to not get along unless they have a lot of space. How big is the tank?

Didnt you just have a large ich outbreak or was that someone else? If so, why on earth are you back to buying things at petco? All their tanks run on the same water system and are fish disease magnets. They have great prices but the risk of bringing in new parasites and disease always scares me away.

I agree, it's the gouramis that are likely not to get along, unless the tank Is at least 55 gallons. I have a Honey Gourami that gets along fine with my Angel in a 55, but I would NOT put another gourami of any type in there, as I don't want to find a murdered fish. And yes, dwarves ARE aggressive. Not all of them, but probably the majority. If someone told you dwarves would get along, I'd question their knowledge.

Didnt you just have a large ich outbreak or was that someone else? If so, why on earth are you back to buying things at petco? All their tanks run on the same water system and are fish disease magnets. They have great prices but the risk of bringing in new parasites and disease always scares me away.

No I had some concerns with my platy flashing but still no outbreak of anything. I also have an Angel that looks as if it had some fin rot or nipping being done. Neither has gotten worse. I started using a stress coat medicine and so far have not seen any flashing going on. As for the Angel I was thinking of trying a dose of of Melafix since its supposedly plant/invert safe and all natural if the angel doesnt get better.

2 male gouramis would've worked out if they were originally in the same tank and put in the tank at the same time. I have 2 flame gouramis in a 10 gallon, and just a little chasing, but other than that they are fine, but they were from the same tank and introduced at the same time. This is key.

Back
Top Bottom