Secret of the pink water revealed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christmasfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
It is not algae..it's infusoria! Now how the heck can I get rid of it..what eats it?!

My son was giving em flake in the early morning..I found..not that he gives much, but I prefer flake to be a weekend junkfood treat only becuase it does terrible things to most of my tanks.
Only thing I overfeed is worms..because the loaches will leave not even single piece by the next day and I want my knife to be able pick at some before they are gone. He is soo cute!

It is not algae..it's infusoria! Now how the heck can I get rid of it..what eats it?!

Fry of any species would love it! Or at least every species I can think of, I'm certain somebody will correct me!

If you have that much infusoria in the tank, I'd bet anything the next thing that pops up will be hydra. Live food leads to infusoria, which leads to hydra, it's happened to me several times in my fishkeeping "career."

You prolly know this, but hydra are like little tiny sea anemones, maybe 3-5 millimeters long at biggest. only a danger if you have newly hatched fry.

eewww..you mean creatures can just pop up out of thin air if they have food...?

That sure doesn't make me feel comfy. I have seen something somewhere ages ago on hydra. I don't remember them being very attractive up close. Wonder if loaches would eat em?
I can't remember anything of the sort coming up in my gramps tanks except daphnia sometimes. Bu tI was changing the water every other day in the summer.

Christmasfish said:
eewww..you mean creatures can just pop up out of thin air if they have food...?
...thin water :lol:

it's not exactly "popping up." just think of all the bacteria and other simple micro-organisms that are in our water, then the ones in and on the fish, the plants. the litte buggers are everywhere!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom