shell fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knereim

Aquarium Advice Regular
Other than fiddlers and ghost shrimp is there any cool crustations I can put in my 65

Well, is it heavily planted? Of so you could get bamboo shrimp. A lot of what you can get will depend on what is already in the tank so we would need that information before we could make recommendations.

In my tank I have 2 Rosie barbs (getting new home) 2 female marble Molly's (one baby one 1.5") 1giant Danio 3 sword tails 1 diamond tetra 1 rainbow shark (2") and 1 large plecostumous (7")

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120513_152445.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120513_152445.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 70
  • ForumRunner_20120513_152902.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120513_152902.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 69
I have an African blue armoured shrimp. He's amazing to watch and pretty hardy. He just sits waving his feathery hands around to catch food all day :)

Fiddlers can't go in freshwater aquariums. They require both brackish water and land access.

My rainbow shark doesn't eat or bother shrimp and other inverts, but many will. As will mature swords and mollies. If you haven't had ghost shrimp yet, I'd do a test run with those first since they're cheap. If they get eaten quikly you might want to avoid investing in other shrimp. If they last, you could try any dwarf shrimp like RCS, blueberry, blue pearl, yellow, etc. Or dwarf crays like CPO's.

2-3 bamboo shrimp or a vampire shrimp would work in a tank that size if it were planted, but I probably wouldn't go for them since you don't have much in the way of the live plants. I can't say how well they would work in there since I've only kept them in fairly heavily planted tanks. If you did decide to go for filter feeders, you'd need to keep an eye on them to be sure they are getting enough to eat. They should rarely be moving around on the substrate, picking with their fans. If they are, they need supplemented with microfoods they can filter from the water.

Back
Top Bottom