Snail Babies!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my giant black mysteries just laid eggs during the night!!!

I have a huge clutch of them up at the rim of my tank just above my heater and next to my hob!

I'm so excited! Things are finally going right with my tanks now :D ^_^ ^_^

I've been watching my black mysteries all day, and I think I have two males and two females with the way they've been acting.

Lucky me 8O :?

I think I'm going to be having alot more Black Mystery babies in the future. :shocked!:

I want these babies tho :?

I lub snails ^_^

and Shhh!

I'm currently looking at a 125gal tank and a Magnum ^_^;

I'm thinking about making it a large Freshwater Bio-tope of some kind.

Donno what I'll use for fish tho, I was thinking about building one around a Ropefish :D

Or I could make it brackish and put about 200 dwarf puffers in there :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How about a crocodile for that size? :D

Really though, I envy you guys with enough space for such big tanks. I'm lucky to have room for the 10 gal and two small betta tanks I have. Perhaps one day...

I have a second clutch 8O

I'm gonna post pics as soon as I can figure out why my Digicam stopped working. ^_^;

Okay... all of you with snails.......
I have two clusters of the Apple Snail eggs. The pet store refers to them as 'Mystery snails', but they are actually called 'Apple Snails'.
So, any of you who actually had the baby snails emerge from the clusters.... How long did it take? I have had one on the glass for about 2+ weeks now. One I accidently murdered and the remaining cluster was laid just last night. (so just have two). Any reccomendations??? Like William... I too Luv the snails! Here is one of the pics of mama laying her eggs. :)

It depends on temp, light, humidty, ect ect..

they hatch anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks, if they don't hatch by 41/2-5weeks, the eggs either died or were infertile.

and I have the funky feeling that I'm going to have another clutch [ making 3 ] by tomarrow morning, since my big momma is at the top of the tank right now, hiding behind the downspout of the HOB and acting very funny :D

William said:
It depends on temp, light, humidty, ect ect..

Well, the temp of the water is like 75°, but since they are not in the water... i guess the air temp would be the improtant one.. ha, ha
It is like 80° +/- in our house, normal light, and we are in California... so you can pretty much count on no humidity.
How do I know if the eggs are infertile? Do they turn a particular color? I just worry that the snails can not hatch from the cluster cuz' it seems awfully hard. Do you have to kep it moist? or are they supersnails with super snail strength???? :wink:

Mine stayed under water until they hatched, they have almost tripled in size in 4 days. (of couse that's not saying much when you think about the fact I had to use a magnifying glass to see them at first) :roll:

My snails just got their freak on again, right infront of me 8O

More babies are in the making 8O 8O

Back
Top Bottom