Snail Eating All Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurrealPillow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New here, not sure if this is right forum sorry but here's my issue:

I recently set up a new tank 150 Litres/40 Gallon and put in a snail, a golden apple snail. Now I've heard they only eat dead plants but my slimy friend has shredded all the plants in my tank, and it's becoming expensive having to buy new loads of plants every week. Is there a solution for this? Should I just return him? Are there plants they don't like? Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

I’d mainly heard that as well but seems your snail hasn’t :) stem plants I find can get rapidly eaten out.

Have you tried feeding it some spinach or kale to keep it from eating your other plants? I had a black mystery snail that did the same thing, ignored algae and ate the plants. Feeding it seemed to help.

Unfortunately if it is a *true* Goldwn Apple snail they LOVE plants, if it's a Gold Mystery Snail sold as a Golden Apple Snail (wholesalers don't seem to differentiate) then feeding it might help.
Www.applesnail.net

Have you tried feeding it some spinach or kale to keep it from eating your other plants? I had a black mystery snail that did the same thing, ignored algae and ate the plants. Feeding it seemed to help.

Thank you, I'll try feeding him

Back
Top Bottom