Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all!
I have a 5gal breeder tank and I'm looking for something to put in it while no fry are in the tank, just to keep the tank ready. I was thinking of some type of snail? Any suggestions?

If you get a nerite like mine it will work. Mine crashed my 5 gallon.

Be care with mystery/ apple/ inca snails they will breed ( if you want them to breed for the little snails to be eaten by the fry ( does happen with me at least)
They also get very big and will need a covered tank with plants or Alger wafers to feed on, snails will find the food if u provide it

Bubbles0oO said:
Be care with mystery/ apple/ inca snails they will breed ( if you want them to breed for the little snails to be eaten by the fry ( does happen with me at least)
They also get very big and will need a covered tank with plants or Alger wafers to feed on, snails will find the food if u provide it

I don't mind feeding them if need be. Will guppy/platy fry eat snails?

Probibly, depending on the fry's personality ;0 keep in mine the covered top and that you will need to lower the water a few inches so the snails can lay thier eggs, I'd love to explain but you would be better off googling mystery snail breeding :D good luck!

Bubbles0oO said:
Probibly, depending on the fry's personality ;0 keep in mine the covered top and that you will need to lower the water a few inches so the snails can lay thier eggs, I'd love to explain but you would be better off googling mystery snail breeding :D good luck!

Back
Top Bottom