stain on tank-Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiSoSerious

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have been keeping aquariums for a while now, however I have never come across a tank with a stain on the outside that just won't go away. I will try to post a picture of it later, but I'm running out of ideas. I've done hot water, Windex, vinegar and water.....I need help, its really annoying

So I have been keeping aquariums for a while now, however I have never come across a tank with a stain on the outside that just won't go away. I will try to post a picture of it later, but I'm running out of ideas. I've done hot water, Windex, vinegar and water.....I need help, its really annoying

Picture please :)

What color is it? Could it be a flaw in the glass

I will take a better picture when I get home, I'm on a break between shifts at work. Its white though, and you can kind of see iy in the top right of this picture.

ForumRunner_20130507_151701.jpg

Have you tried a razor blade? If that doesn't work it is probably a flaw or stained. Vinegar and razor blades usually do the trick though.

Yeah I tried vinegar and razors. And I'll do the lights off next

An algae scrubber and some elbow grease. Is this a new stain or has it always been there?

David

Back
Top Bottom