Sticky residue on back of acrylic tank. What can remove it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have just purchased a used 90 gallon TruVu tank for $90.
The tank is in great condition but, The back of the tank has a bunch of old sticky and crusty tape residue from having various backgrounds taped to the back of it.
What should i use to clean up that mess? I dont want to use any chemical that is too harsh and would make the tank unclear. Im afraid to scrape it off because i dont want to scratch it.
what should i use? Has anyone else had this problem?

If it is on the outside of the tank you might be able to use Goo Gone. That stuff is amazing! I think it would be okay on acrylic, but I have never done it myself, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt. On the back of the bottle it says, "Do not use on silk leather, suede or rubber", which is promising...

I though of goo gone. I'm sitting here looking at the bottle, and then the tank. I'm scared lol. The tank isnt "new" but its new to me and i dont want to mess it up.
I guess i can test it on the bottom to see if it would make the acrylic hazy.
I called a local LFS and the girl told me to use Avons "Skin So soft" lotion. I LMAO when she told me that but, she swore it worked and she said she uses it in the store all the time to clean that kind of stuff off the tanks. lol
Avon........

Back
Top Bottom