stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
for a friends aqarium 29 gallons she wants to add this but tell me if it not capatible or need more\less

8 cory cats she wants to have 2 green corys 2 pandas and mix up the other 4
2 oto
2 bristle nose pleco
4 black kuhliue loach
3 longfin danio
3 reg zebra danio
5 red minor longfin tetra
3 bloon mollys
5 rasbora harliquin
live plants moss ball and hornet worth or somthing like that sand bottem and higly filterd and plenty of air flow and hiding space :thanks:

Way over stocked. Try google aqadvisor. I don't think you can put 2 bristle nose together? And even just 1 might be too big?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't do danios in a tall tank they do best with a bigger foot print to swim. I started with danios in my 29 and they just weren't happy.

Harlequins might do fine. I have five in mine.

Add more ottos, like 6 total minimum. But after the tank has been running a while.

I would say pick one schooling fish and just get that kind in a bigger school it will look more interesting than 3 of several.

Sent from my iPhone

That's about double the amount of fish that would be good for that tank

Like Em said ottos should be in groups of 6 or more. That and the plecos cats and ottos is very bottom heavy. Most 29 gallon tanks are small footprint and tall so you would want to avoid that many. I would scratch the plecos too because of the size of the tank. Especially if they do the ottos or cats

ok she said make a list of fish with personality she is determind on the corys and the black kuhli loach but the rest is up for debate

Fish with personality - any 2 dwarf cichlids (apistogramma)

Heres my 29 gal tall tank:

2 apistogramma pandurini (make sure to get them together and that they like eachother)
4 Kuhli Loach (or 4 cory's, not sure how they would go with dwarf cichlids, should be alright? someone?)
3 otocinclus (get them only when your tank has algae, make sure to supplement their algae with zucchini, sushi type seaweed sheets)
8 Cardinal Tetra (or other small type schooling fish)

Thats fully stocked
else add an extra Kuhli and minus a Cardinal tetra
All these fish need plants/hiding spots

I feed my tank mostly Brine Shrimp and flake food, occasionally bloodworms since bloodworms bloat fish. I let some go in the filters water stream so that it gets to the bottom for the Kuhli Loaches. About twice a week i put in some blanched zucchini for the loaches since probably not enough food reaches them. Make sure to have a zuchini hanging away from the bottom for your oto's to eat.

Well with both kuhli and cats in there the tank won't have room for much. Maybe one more school and a centerpiece.

Loaches also do better in groups too- still pretty bottom heavy. If going with cats and kuhli loaches I would do 6 cats and 4-5 loaches. Even just those are atill fairly bottom heavy

Loaches get very timid when they are alone. Chances are you will barely see them with only a few. The more you have the more they adventure out :)

And if you do go bottom heavy with kuhli and cats, i would skip my apistogramma idea

Instead of a bunch of small schools recommend to her instead to do 1-2 larger schools. They look more impressive this way and the tank ends up looking less scattered and busy.

ok she desided 6 or 8 cardnil tetra and 6 cherry barb a honey gouramie or pair and loach 4 corys 6

Def a lot better looking

With the cherry barbs get 2 male and 4 female. Like a lot of species the makes harass females a tad so you want more females (unless you did all M or all F)

It still seems pretty packed. Is it a tall tank or a long tank?

Maybe go 6 Cardinal 5 Cherry's (how Angela said it 2 male 3 female) 4 Loach 4 Cory a honey gouramie

But yeah, feels like 1 too many species for a 30 gal

Back
Top Bottom