Stocking 20g high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mishkon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20g high and had a stocking question. My tank is planted with a top fin power 20 filter ( I took out the cartridge that came with the filter, and added in as much sponge that would fit, plus a pre filter sponge ) . Right now the tank has 8 harlequin rasboras, 6 pygmy cory, 1 dwarf gourami, 2 amano shrimp. I have had a lot of algae on the glass and was thinking of getting a nerite snail, or maybe just adding another amnao shrimp. Just wondering what every one's opinion was?

I dont think 1 nerite snail would make much difference to the algae in a 20g tank. 3 or 4 would be better.

If you have excessive algae, have you tried anything to prevent it rather than relying on something to eat it?

If you do go for nerite snails be prepared for them to lay little white eggs everywhere. They wont hatch in FW but can look messy.

I was going to cut down on the hours of the light. I just was trying to get the plants to grow out more and fill in the tank. I have just been on the fence for the snails mostly because of the eggs. They just look like fun to have in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom