Stocking Advice; Leveling Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonysss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm moving and I've decided to start a new 55 gallon that has very few plants, lots of drift wood and rocks (just because I already have plenty). In the past I've kept a large community tank of just about everything in a planted aquarium but the algae, Malaysian snail infestation, and high maintenance requirement is making me want to move to a more focused aquarium.

I want some fish that will grow to size, is on the rarer side, not high maintenance, and has personality. Was thinking something like certain cichlids but I'm sure people are more creative/knowledgeable. I was also thinking of a lone arowana but that's a large commitment

Post this over in the cichlid area. There are many rare sa/CA cichlids that will work in a 55. The arowana will need something in the 200+ gallon range.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

55 is defiantly way too small to house an Arowana. What do you consider rare? Something hard to come by in your area may be abundant else where. My area doesn't have a lot of different variety than what you'll find at Petco or petsmart, but apparently fish such as arowana, payara, dovii, apistogrammas, etc are easily obtained in other places. As far as maintenance goes, any 55g cichlid tank will require weekly water changes, as will any decent stock level of community type fish.

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom