Stocking ideas for a 35 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I everyone I'm getting my me 35 gal tomorrow and I wanted 2 start planning stocking. I was thinking
6 black widow tetras ( already in other tank)
1 Kahului loach
6 neon tetra
2 dwarf gouramis
Variety o snails
2 Siamese algae eaters

Any other suggestions?

I everyone I'm getting my me 35 gal tomorrow and I wanted 2 start planning stocking. I was thinking
6 black widow tetras ( already in other tank)
1 Kahului loach
6 neon tetra
2 dwarf gouramis
Variety o snails
2 Siamese algae eaters

Any other suggestions?

Do you know about cycling a tank? Regardless of what a fish store or pet store will tell you letting a tank 'run for a week' doesn't do any good.

I would up your Kuhli Loaches to at least 6 as they prefer being in a group. I would also up neons to around 10. And only get one dwarf gourami. When you have 2 there is a high chance that you will run into aggression issues between them. Other than that you have a good stocking list.

Yes I know how 2 cycle :) I'm waiting 2 up the loaches and I have a glass cat that I failed 2 mention I will also be adding more of them

So here is the list so far

10 neons
6 black widows
6 khuli loaches
6 glass cats
And 6 silver tip tetras

Good so far?
And a dwarf gourami

It's all good but just want you to know those silver tip tetras are honery, nippy little guys. I love glass cats.

Not sure about the Black Skirts...they get quite big for tetras and may be a bit nippy for that stock in that space, just something to consider.

You could always look into Lemon or Diamond tetras instead of the skirts. Lemon I think would be a nice choice to add alittle yellow to the tank.

I've had the six full grown black skirts In with my silver tips neons they are very docile and I do like them.

I was thinking 2 not get the neons
And get 2 angels
And some rummy nose tetras

I've had the six full grown black skirts In with my silver tips neons they are very docile and I do like them.

I was thinking 2 not get the neons
And get 2 angels
And some rummy nose tetras

I like angels, have 12 adults in my 220g, so I think they are a good choice. Same with Rummynose. I have a school of 25 in with the angels.

I used to keep Long Finned White Skirt tetras for years and never had issues with them. I think it's hit or miss with them as some people have no problems with them and others have nothing but trouble with them.

Now you've got too many fish... lol. Seriously were it me I'd get:

6 glass cats
6 rummynose tetras
6 kuhli loaches
1 dwarf gourami
1 angel

Thats about all your size tank can handle. Plus the rummy's are much better tetras for keeping with angels and d.gouramis. The silver tips wouldn't work at all with an angel and could torment the gourami to death. The skirt could possibly be problematic. That's why I said go with the rummynose tetras.

Back
Top Bottom