Stocking my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robotponys

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am currently cycling a 10 gallon tank. It is stocked with:
-1 cherry shrimp (died)
-(2) guppies (2 died)
-(1) 1 zebra danio
-water lettuce
-mondo grass (slowly rotting, but still alive)

After cycling I want to add
-(6) a pair of peppered, albino, and bronze cory cats
-(2) a pair of platies
-(2) a pair of trumpet snails
-(?) if any Dalmation mollie babies survive, I'll add them (I picked them up for free at Petsmart)
-(?) snails ($1 per 10 at Win Tropical)
So, that would be a total of 12 fish (not including snails) Let me know what you think and any babies will be left alone (so it won't get overpopulated :p)

Hey-just a heads up-the mondo grass is not a true aquatic plant... I got mine from petsmart, and people told me to remove it because it will die and rot, and foul the water.

:welcome: to AA! :)
Robotponys said:
I am currently cycling a 10 gallon tank. It is stocked with:
-1 cherry shrimp (died)
-(2) guppies (2 died)
-(1) 1 zebra danio
-water lettuce
-mondo grass (slowly rotting, but still alive)

After cycling I want to add
-(6) a pair of peppered, albino, and bronze cory cats
-(2) a pair of platies
-(2) a pair of trumpet snails
-(?) if any Dalmation mollie babies survive, I'll add them (I picked them up for free at Petsmart)
-(?) snails ($1 per 10 at Win Tropical)
So, that would be a total of 12 fish (not including snails) Let me know what you think and any babies will be left alone (so it won't get overpopulated :p)

All those cories get too big for a ten gallon tank unfortunately. A different option is to use pygmies. You could only fit one platy in that tank, but not a molly, they get way too big for one.

Good luck! (y)

:welcome: to AA! :)

All those cories get too big for a ten gallon tank unfortunately. A different option is to use pygmies. You could only fit one platy in that tank, but not a molly, they get way too big for one.

Good luck! (y)

ok 6 panda cories instead? Mollies will probably be given away now. Also, look up "best fish for bowls beyond goldfish and bettas". It's worth the time to read. Don't get me wrong, this is still a heated, filtered, and planted (partly) tank. I had the 4 guppies and 2 danios in a 1 gallon bowl for a week. They did fine (except the shrimp). No nipping and they all ate. Oh, and no filter or heater, just a bunch of mondo grass. Yes I know mondo grass is not a aquatic plant, but mom's will be mom's and make random choices for you. :p

Back
Top Bottom