Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karackle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so here's the story...before my 20 gallon went haywire and i lost a fair few fish (i have since revamped, re-cycled and heavily planted it) I had a "mixed school" of tetras, I had 3 neons, 3 cardinals and 3 glowlights that would all school together. They were some of the first fish I put in the tank when i initially started it 2.5 years ago. When i had problems with the tank, all but 1 glowlight and 1 neon died. The neon recently passed too (no signs of disease, tank parameters are normal (ammonia and nitrIte=0) and everyone else looks happy and healthy). So my dilemma is that since Tetras are schooling fish, I hate for him to be alone, but because when the tank got healthy again I added back new fish, I'm afraid my bioload will be too high if I add some friends for him. please tell me what you think. Currently my tank houses:
3 female Bettas
3 Zebra Danios
4 Platys (or mollies...or both....they were labeled "assorted live bearers")
2.5 guppies (2 adults, 1juvenile)
1 Dwarf Gourami (blue)
1 Clown Pleco
And of course, the 1 lonely glowlight

The other possible (though probably not the best) option would be to get a couple more glowlights and put them in my 5 gallon Betta tank. I have 1 betta and 2 otos in there already though, so i'm not sure how well that would work either.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom