Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissa81407

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36 gallon tall hexagon tank I was hoping to put one male betta, several guppy and a pair of butterfly endlers in the tank. It already has a Cory catfish. Do you think they will all get along? I have an extra tank if the betta does not do well. Thank you

I think that if you can provide enough tall plants and other decor for line-of-sight breaks, they'll probably do OK.

"a cory catfish"
corys need at least a group of six or else they will get lonely and literally die (this is a possibility, not all the time)

They won't get along. The Betta will attack the guppies to death. Literally.

I have a 110 gal tank and 1 betta and 2 male guppies fought. I pulled the betta before he killed a guppy, but just. The guppy is still recovering and betta has a home in the sump.

Bettas aren't great with guppies, bettas can have attitudes and guppies are too oblivious to get out of the way.

I had to move suddenly and ended up with my 2 bettas housed in breeding nets in my tank, one jumped out twice and went after my guppies, shredding them up pretty bad. I'd skip the betta.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

"a cory catfish"
corys need at least a group of six or else they will get lonely and literally die (this is a possibility, not all the time)

I plan on getting 3 more. I was not informed they were schooling fish and just figured that out recently. I'm not sure if my small tank bottom can house 6 comfortably

I'm deciding to skip the betta I think you guys are right not worth trying to see if it will work out. Does anyone have a suggestion for a colorful centerpiece fish instead of the betta

I plan on getting 3 more. I was not informed they were schooling fish and just figured that out recently. I'm not sure if my small tank bottom can house 6 comfortably

if you cant house a proper school of them I would return the others you have. Not because im being a butt lol, but because its best for the fish since IMO corys are very sensitive to schooling.

I'm deciding to skip the betta I think you guys are right not worth trying to see if it will work out. Does anyone have a suggestion for a colorful centerpiece fish instead of the betta
Stocking hex tanks are difficult due to footprint.

Maybe I could do several small bright colored schooling fish and just skip trying to do a centerpiece fish would that be easier?

My ph is 7.4 and I have never tested gh or kh but my city pulls its water from wells so I believe my water would be on the hard side.

I was thinking endlers, killifish and guppies but I'm not familiar with those fish or if they would do well together

if you cant house a proper school of them I would return the others you have. Not because im being a butt lol, but because its best for the fish since IMO corys are very sensitive to schooling.

My lfs does not do returns. And I've had this guy for years. I have a 55 gallon with zebra loaches would 6 Corys do ok with the loaches?

Endlers and guppies are fine id do all males. And id pick one or the other. Killifish....there a lot there you would have to research them a bit.

Back
Top Bottom