Strange Guests???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was doing my weekly PWC when I noticed some small black specks in the corners of my tank. So I splashed a little water at them and they started hopping on the surface. They were too small to break the water tension.

They were most definitely some sort of insect. I'm just wondering where in the heck they might of came from. Sorry I dont have any pictures, they were so small and I only have a camera on my phone.

Anybody have any experience with these critters?

Nope not fruitflies. Theyre more flea-like for lack of a better description. I wish they were they would have been a nice treat for my swordtails. :)

Thanks herp mommy. I googled springtails and the images and desrcriptions are spot on. Dont know where they came from but they shouldn't be a problem.

I use to use my tank hood as a place to grow some plants from seeds, just to start them out in a small pot before moving to larger, I heard a buch of splashing from the tank one day and say little flies in there, fish were just eating them, lol

Back
Top Bottom