Strange White Balls In Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lpf326

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi friends. We have a tank that we have recently redone with new fresh plants. We currently do not have any fish but have several snails (most of which came from the plants) and MANY types of harmless copepods and round worms. Recently though I noticed these small white orbs. Upon further investigation I realized that the orbs can move and I saw what looked like a small roundworm swimming out of it. I have tried searching to find what this is and if it is harmless with no luck. I provided a picture of two of them on the end branches of one of our plants. Does anyone know what this is that can provide me some information about it or a name so I can research more myself? I really appreciate it! :)

Attachments

• 05B64CE8-2241-4800-867D-BBBEC086FBE7.jpg
    05B64CE8-2241-4800-867D-BBBEC086FBE7.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 439
Update: there is also one of these on the glass of the tank. It sort of twitches occasionally and then a roundworm looking creature will swim out of it. I tried look up roundworm nests or something similar with no luck.

Back
Top Bottom