Stressed Salmontail Catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeoRX

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys,

I got a salmontail catfish last week and put it in my planted 4 foot tank. He looks like he's stressed out all the time, because he spend most of the time swim up and down near the filter outlet and the water heater. At first, I thought he just needed to get uses to the enviroment. But after a week, he's still doing the same.

Since he spent all of he's time at that corner, he had knocked some of the plants and decoration out of the corner. When I tried to remove the plants and the decoration to put it else where... he doesn't seem to want to get away from that corner. if I push him out the other direction, if he swim away.. and try to get back to the same corner even with my in it. I'm wondering is it because I've only got one of him? Will it make a difference if I get another salmontail catfish?

The water temperture is 25C,.. so i don't think that is the issue. The tank mates are; 1x small saratoga, 3x siamese cat fish, 2x loaches, few guppys and lots of unwanted snails :p All the fish seems to leave him alone, as he's the biggest.

Any ideas?? I'm considering of selling him, because he seems to be in a state he doesn't want to be here... :-(

Thanks in Advance,

Leor

Back
Top Bottom