Striped peacock eels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That boy is HUGE!!!! your so welcome..its always great to have another join the eel club!!!:)

Lol yes the club! I want to create a thread that is the pecock eel club....

And yes thats a goood lookin eel!!! Hes a biggie! How big exactly?

He's about 6 to 6 1/2 inches can't get him to stay still lol, I absolutely love this eel by the way cause not only like I said before is he super social all out in the middle level of the tank but when I put on my speakers with my bass earlier the entire time the music is on he swirls his head all nutty and it looks just like hes dancing in beat, music off he stops lol, very entertaining but im sure the bass is just agitating the crap outta him so I turned it down pretty quickly but at least I got a very nice party trick now besides hand feeding the ghost knife. At 6 inches is he probably pretty old already? He was the smallest of 3 my lfs had but I like the size because he stands out still in such a big tank

They reach over 9" if they are fed properly and live in a good tank! Lol yours isnt old IMO ;) thats awesome! Im glad you love yours as much as i do ;) if you didnt already notice, my name is because of my eel, Nu Nu! Haha

Few more pics of Nero, eventually I'll get a real good one of him mid tank all curved around with his tail spots puffed out but at least you can see size a bit better from these.

Attachments

• peacock eel 014.jpg
    peacock eel 014.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 85
  • peacock eel 015.jpg
    peacock eel 015.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 56
  • peacock eel 016.jpg
    peacock eel 016.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 81
  • peacock eel 019.jpg
    peacock eel 019.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 86
Not to flood this but super excited and finally got two full body shots! I like the name Nu-Nu so much better but I am a history masters student so all my fish are Roman themed in name. I'm jealous you took it though no other teletubbies have as good names lol

Attachments

• peacock eel 020.jpg
    peacock eel 020.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 84
  • peacock eel 021.jpg
    peacock eel 021.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 83
Hahahahahaha you knew it was from the teletubbies! Haha great lookin fish! I thought i might post a few if mine if you dont mind.... ;)

I am slightly concerned...I have not seen my smallest loach Wadjet in almost 2 days now I'm afraid Nero is the only possible culprit alas

DoratheExplorer said:
I am slightly concerned...I have not seen my smallest loach Wadjet in almost 2 days now I'm afraid Nero is the only possible culprit alas

I really doubt it..

Look at neros stomach. Is it bigger than usual?

Ok, I have to ask since I didn't really get a reply last time. What else do these eels eat, I need to try something other than the bloodworms because Gonzo is not liking them at all. I put them in and he runs like he just saw a ghost or something!! Weirdo! Lately I've been watching him and he swims around digging in the gravel like hes starving! Maybe he's not and once again I'm being a worry wart!!!

Carolinagirl said:
Ok, I have to ask since I didn't really get a reply last time. What else do these eels eat, I need to try something other than the bloodworms because Gonzo is not liking them at all. I put them in and he runs like he just saw a ghost or something!! Weirdo! Lately I've been watching him and he swims around digging in the gravel like hes starving! Maybe he's not and once again I'm being a worry wart!!!

Lol! Live worms!

I have also heard of them eating small sinking chichlid pellets..

Yeah baby cichlid sinking pellets work well, if he is digging in the ground he would be looking for food, and if he is still alive he must be eating!

LOL Always goes back to those live worms...UGH!!! I don't wanna touch worms. Of course leave it to me to get an eel that has to be stubborn! I think I will try the chichlid sinking pellets first :)

Carolinagirl said:
LOL Always goes back to those live worms...UGH!!! I don't wanna touch worms. Of course leave it to me to get an eel that has to be stubborn! I think I will try the chichlid sinking pellets first :)

Do it for GONZO!!

Lol!

Back
Top Bottom