Tank cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Did a PWC yesterday for all three of my tanks and my all water parameters 0,0,varying nitrates in the good zone. Two of three tanks are clear today. One tanks with three new Congo tetras is cloudy this morning. I am assuming it is just a bacterial bloom do to new inhabitants but I wanted to ask what others thought. Water parameters are 0,0, 5.

Whenever I do a 50 percent water change (after meds or a spike) my water gets a little cloudy for about 12 hours then clears up

Normally it is cloudy while the micro bubbles are coming out, but the other two tanks are clear. It's just one tank with new fish that's cloudy.

It could very likely be a bacterial bloom. From what I've heard, tanks less than a year old can go through this. Water changes will help.

Ok, just wanted to be sure. I will do another water test and PWC tomorrow on the tanks with my new fish. The tanks are only about 6 months old so I am in it for the long haul I think!

Back
Top Bottom