Tank life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 Gallon tank that i got at Walmart 4 years ago and i am wondering if there is a duration or life span to them?

I know i should check regularly for signs of silicone damage or pealing, and obviously leaks. But thats part of maintanance. I want to know if they have an average life span, like 5 years or so and after that you would need to have it refurbished or something. Just want to be prepared ahead of time, dont want any surprises, je je.

Katfish :)

I don't know about Walmart tanks, but my 32 gallon tank is something that my mother bought second hand at a garage sale in 1973. She had it running until the end of the eighties, and it was in storage in her garage until i rescued it last year. And I've had no problems whatsoever, no leaks or anything. But it could be one of those "they don't make em like they used to" items

Good point

Nejsux,

You made a good point. Hope they made mine to last, je je.

The thing about getting it from Walmart was that they sold it with everything on it, all i needed to get where the fish.
And i already had those, so..

I was just curiuos, since just about everything we buy last for just so long.

Anyway thanks for your input,
Katfish :)

can't say for sure about your tank, but a couple of mine are rather old as well , and so far....*knock on wood*, i have had no problems...good luck
!

I had a 10g for about fifteen years...and the only reason it broke was because I closed the car trunk on it!! LOL!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom