Tank set up compatibility concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScAreCroW

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Long time reader; first time poster.

My biggest tank, a 45 gallon bowfront is getting pretty mixed in the way of species. So I want to get a specific opinion from you guys on what I should do to complete it.

It's a mature tank.

I have 2 platys, 2 big black skirt tetras, 3 ottos, 3 african dwarf frogs, 8 male guppies (females are in another tank as this is generation 8 now), 1 juvenile angel, 1 juvenile blood parrot (not dyed). And I will be getting a german blue ram once I find some healthy ones at a LFS.

I am concerned that my angel and maybe even the parrot will dine on some guppies when they reach full size. I'm hoping that introducing them early will reduce the chance of this, but I have places for the guppies to go if it happens.

There was some aggression from the tetras towards the angel for the first day, but they got over that very quickly.

I'm looking for a good bottom dweller that won't bother the ADFs. I would like a clown loach but they get too big for my tank. Perhaps a RTBS?

What do you guys think? What can you suggest to complete this set up? Will I experience any compatibility issues?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I've added 3 platys and a clown pleco. I don't know how we feel about thread bumps on this forum. So it's more of an update.

Back
Top Bottom