tank size for rainbowfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gallon (30X12X18) tank. I'm interested in dwarf neon (praecox) and boesmani rainbowfish. Will both or either of these be suitable for a 29 gallon tank? I'm going to use my yo yo and zebra loaches as bottom feeders.

Any ideas on a neat, colorful, compatible, hard water tolerant upper level fish would be appreciated. Probably a solitary individual fish like a gourami or something.

You could definitley fit some rainbowfish in a 29 gallon. How about 3 or 4 Bosemani's? They get to be about 3-4 inches long. I really want some too.

rainbowfish

I wonder how many boesmanis I could get away with?

How many preacox? How many of each?

Well do you know how many loaches you are getting? It would be better to get a school of one of those rainbows instead of a few of both.

I have seven dwarf neon rainbows. I originally had them in a 30G tall which is 24 x 24. They seemed to just sit in the same place without moving much. When my 75 G was cycled, I moved them and they are much happier. The tank is twice as long and they now enjoy swimming from one end to the next. I am not familiar with the boesmani, maybe they would be happier in your tank?

boesmani over praecox

I'm thinking of going with 3 boesmani rainbows in my 29 gallon tank. The lfs has some, and I'm not too sure that they are very expensive. I'm not as sold on the praecox.

Have you ever looked at Threadfin Rainbows? They are a little smaller (get to be about 2"), but they are lovely fish.

Back
Top Bottom