Tank Stock Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
i'm setting up a planted 125 and i want a variety of shrimps. i'm going to have a lot of moss, moss balls, and flowing plants. Currently in my 55 i have some ghost shrimp, a bamboo shrimp, and some cherry shrimp. Can all Shrimp live together?, i had my eye on some fish at my LFS and some on ebay. And will anything eat them? i plan on adding, 7 mollies (2male 5 female), 6 tiger barbs, 3 upside down cats, 5 danios, 4 glass cats, 2 bosemani rainbows, a fiddler crab, bushy nose pleco, red tailed shark, and a bolivian ram fish

any help is appreciated!

Your stock seems ok I think, although let someone else confirm. Boesmans do better in groups so get at least 6. Tiger Barbs do better in larger groups to mitigate aggression, I'd do 8-10. Glass cats might be ok with 4 but maybe 6 would be better. What kind of danios? I'd do a a larger group, maybe 8-10. It'll depend on how aggressive your tiger barbs and shark are too. Not sure about the crab.

Not sure on the shrimp either. Adult shrimp may be ok with enough hiding spots (you'll probably never see them though) but babies will most likely be eaten.

I agree, I don't see any problem with any of the fish you chose, but I would up the size of all the schools. You definitely have the room for it.

I'd skip the tiger barbs and raise the number of rainbow fish. Problem with the tigers is even in larger groups they can still be fin nippers to other species in the tank. I used to have glass cats and can tell you they are rather shy and passive. They will do better in a larger group. I could be wrong but don't fiddler crabs need some land area?

Back
Top Bottom