Tankmates for 8 Tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AuburnTiger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 8 tiger barbs in my 29 gallon bow and im wanting 1 or 2 more fish but these fish are not friendly... tried a gourami and they picked on him for days and I had to remove him so im thinking about maybe 1 red tail shark but if I do that then I will have to put the glass top on since they are jumpers and I would rather not so any other suggestions?

Rainbow shark &/or yoyo loaches. They are the perfect TB tankmates IMO.

Just stock slowly. Welcome to AA! :)

I totally agree with HN1. I'd even go as far as to say you could add a couple more tiger barbs and call it a day with a rainbow shark. ;)

Thanks for the ideas, I was thinking today that I have nothing to help clean the tank... Anything besides a pleco work in there?

With my 13 barbs I have several rainbow fish, also 6 zebra danios (sp?). The danios are good-they are small but very fast and so keep ahead of them. I also have a SAE and cory cats...

Thanks for the ideas, I was thinking today that I have nothing to help clean the tank... Anything besides a pleco work in there?

Mag Float and a little elbow grease. ;)

Seriously though, if you want a pleco, make sure to pick one that stays small like clown (won't eat much algae), bristlenose, or rubberlip.

Back
Top Bottom