Tankmates for Zebra Danios and semi agg. fish in 60 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it possible to have a large school of zebra danios with 2 small bala sharks, 1 small black shark, and a tinfoil barb? The aquarium that will hold these fish will be a 60 gallon, and I would like to have the most amount of zebra danios possible for the tank, if they can get along with the sharks and barb. Also, what would be the biggest school of danios I could have?

I'm all for the dannios, with what you mentioned, you could easily have 20+ dannios. they are super fast little guys, nobody will chase them for long, or likely catch any of them.

Serious warning here, think long and hard before you get that tinfoil barb, they get huge, I've seen them in stores almost as big as large oscars :!: I don't know much about their behavior, so do some serious research before buying any of them. OK, Just did a real quick search, Tinfoil Barbs get up to 13 inches, and should only be kept with larger fish. I'd count it out if I were you.

Your bala sharks can get pretty big too, so those could be the big boys, zebras for little guys, why not find something midsized with color, unless you want an all silver and black fish tank?

good thought, I was told at the LFS that depending on the size of the aquarium, the barb wouldnt get as big. I like barbs, so I think I might get a few tiger barbs to add some color. Maybie a few clown loaches unless I decide I want to have snails. Anyways, thanks a lot.

good thought, I was told at the LFS that depending on the size of the aquarium, the barb wouldnt get as big.

Never believe the old myth that fish will only grow to the size of the tank, it's just not true. I can't believe that people still say that.

Tiger barbs are notorious fin nippers, but that can be avoided by getting 6 or more. Then they are so busy chasing their own kind around that they generally leave the other fish alone. you can fit that many easy in a 60 gallon, along with every thing else you mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom