Test Kits - How to tell if they are too old? Aquarium Pharm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99RedSi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a master test kit from Big Al's and the bottles have a number on the upper-right of the label such as "0504" which I assume means May 04.

I saw some at the LFS yesterday and they said "1003"!

How old is TOO old for a liquid test kit, specifically those by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals?

Are you sure it isn't a lot number? I would think that the test would be valid for a year. When I buy mine, I label it with the date I bought it, and after a year, I get a new one. Maybe I'm throwing them away unnecessarily, but that's what I've been doing. On my box -- the nitrate test kit is the one I have out right now -- there's an 800 number: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-800-847-0659. If you're concerned, you could call, and tell us what they say.

The number on AP kits is the manufacture date, not the expiry date. If the product was made within the last year, you are in good shape. Excellent policy to check, as these can often sit on the shop shelf for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom