Tetra trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leanneface

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Heyy, I'm hoping someone can help me! I have a 19litre tank which consists of 2 penguin tetra and 3 rummy nose tetra. One of my penguin tetra is dominating the tank, whenever one of the other fish come out from hiding he chases them back to where they hide. He swims right in the center of the tank. I don't think he nips them or anything. Would putting a tall plant in the center prevent this so they can swim either side?

Tank is overstocked, the rummy nose need at least a 20 long tank. So these fish should be kept in schools of 6 or more.

There fighting because there is no room for them to swim around, and tetras will nip at each other.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I was going to say pretty much the same thing!!! Too many fish! And they aren't in the correct number either.

If you wanted to keep both species together happily you should do a schools of 6 in about a 20gallon tank

A 5 gal (approximately 29L) is good for shrimp, maybe a betta, or snails but not much else

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ooooo even worse than I guessed. Not sure how I messed it up that much. Either way it is still over stocked

His tank is 19 liters not 29 ;) yes it is still overstocked and I don't think it has a heater... ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yeah apparently I can't read/type/or do math. Something went wrong for me lol. I think I need more coffee

Back
Top Bottom