Thanks for all the advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua_guy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for all the advice.

i think i should refrain from placing discus in because of the peace issues. Yeh you are all right that those African Rift Cichlids are very territorials especially those white parrot fishes. I am quite amazed that the swordtails survived though. i think i would add more of them and upgrade my tank to 150 gallons to resolve the space issue because of the quick growth. I added three marble angels last week ago and they are doing good. i think they know how to defend themselves. They have no btes whatsoever and i've seen them confront some of the cichlids. The Blue Ice is quite aggressive and i have seen the Angel fight with it and the Blue Ice backs out. So i think the Angels could take care of themselves. They are pretty to look at with the cichlids because of the variety of the size. Though i would be careful not to place discus's in there. I would be planning to have another tank instead for them.

This is another issue for me to take in. I would like to have another tank about 150 gallons. What substrate, aeration and filtration would you suggest? I am planning this to be a planted tank with discus and cories. Please suggest fishes suited for the community tank i am about to make.

Sorry i am new here and this is supposed to be a reply to a topic. anyway, you can suggest what you think about the discus tank.

Back
Top Bottom