The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my glob, these things are so cute!
I was going to add a school of cherry barbs, but I think I'll add these instead!

Those dwarf puffers are so cool! And they'd do we'll in a community tank? It looks like from the photos they're in with Bolivian rams...?

yes, i have them with two different types of loaches, german blue rams, Angelfish, bumblebee gobies, Africa dwarf frog, etc

Ok, so I'm getting driftwood tomorrow, I thought this looks good because it is hollow, but will it float or is it good for the tank?
Zoo med natural cork rounds

Attachments

• image-3459318069.jpg
    image-3459318069.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 99
Or are these better?
Zoo med African mopani wood

Attachments

• image-3635489186.jpg
    image-3635489186.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 56
Go with the mopani. If the other is some kind of cork it'll float forever and deteriorate too. The mopani is widely used in our hobby though

i doubt you're getting the mopanes like the one in the picture since.each piece is unique. what i would do is look around and then try to find a big center piece with a few smaller ones near the bigger one to compliment it. the second mopane looks very good ESPecially when you can stand it up,

Ok, thanks
I'm going to petsmart tomorrow to buy a climbing wood for my leopard geckos and some mealworms for them, so why not go ahead and buy my driftwood!

just try ti picture how you going to put the DW in your tank while shopping. im sure there's same size tanks in the store and you can always put the woods in those tanks and roughly see how you wanted

yes, i have them with two different types of loaches, german blue rams, Angelfish, bumblebee gobies, Africa dwarf frog, etc

Thanks for the info. Kiddo wanted one but I told her no as I was unsure it'd fly in our tanks. Our 30g has several gourami, angels and kribs along with danio, and our 20 has rams, betta, oto, and a few platies. I'll have to do some more investigating as they are very cool.

Thanks for the info. Kiddo wanted one but I told her no as I was unsure it'd fly in our tanks. Our 30g has several gourami, angels and kribs along with danio, and our 20 has rams, betta, oto, and a few platies. I'll have to do some more investigating as they are very cool.

if you want them in the tank, you have to let go of the betta, danio, and platties since they don't swim fast enough to get away from these cute fin nippers.

Ok, so I have wanted tiger barbs in my tank, and I rethinks the idea a bit
6 tiger barbs (three albino, three normal)
2 German blue rams
2 angelicus botia
1 bn pleco
5 cherry barbs
1 african spotted leaf fish

Change
5 tiger barbs
5 neon tetras
1 dwarf gourami
1 angelicus botia
2 German blue rams
1 bn pleco

Ok, so this is it
6 tiger barbs
1 angelfish
1 angelicus botia
2 German blue rams
1 bn pleco
8 neon tetras

That seems like a lot and angels and tiger barbs aren't usually the best of tank mates. Loaches are shoaling fish so groups are best, I know from experience with them they're not as happy alone as in a small group. Why don't you just take your time with your stock list? If you rush it you're more like to be unhappy with the end result. Take it slow, one step at a time, it doesn't have to be done in a day.

Ok, I'm really decided in the group of 6 tiger barbs, 8 neon tetras, 2 German glue rams, and how about 3 angelicus botia?

Back
Top Bottom