The "top" of my 2ft tank needs "fixing"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The driftwood that is currently sitting in my tank along the bottom (as opposed to the piece that I'm using as the spire) has a perfectly-round 3cm wide hole. Guess where most of the java fern went. The two prices I couldn't fit have been stuffed into one end of a PVC pipe.

I'm planting some HC over the next few days, and once that's done and I move things around a little, I'll take more photos.

I'm a little worried about your new HC. I saw a few posts back you're going low light? HC isn't a low light plant and is actually pretty demanding. It really thrives when you inject co2, have high light, and dose ferts. Otherwise, it just doesn't grow at all and might die away. If you want it to thrive, you may need to add more light. I'm not sure how much you have now, but I just saw that you are wanting to stick with low light.

Hm, that's at little odds with someone else who said that they successfully had HC growing (actually, I can't remember if they said growing or surviving) in a tank with only 1 WPG of light. I have 1.2 WPG and dose with Flourish, Flourish Excel and Seachem Potassium.

Thanks for the head up though. If it doesn't survive I'll take that as a lesson learned.

I also have a wee tiny 1.5G tank I plan to plant out and add shrimp. That has much higher lighting and around 1/2 of it was going to go in there, so hopefully I won't kill all of it! :)

HC is much easier to grow in highlight aquariums, but I've heard of it being grown in medium or even low light aquariums. With less light it may not grow as fast or look as lush. One of the big keys is supplementing carbon. HC loves Flourish Excel, and some have noted that it seems to prefer Flourish Excel to CO2.

Back
Top Bottom