things that go in a 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iVintage87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So right now I have some guppies, tetras, ghost shrimp and a pink ramshorn snail. I also have HM and hygro (which if you hang around the classifieds you know I got from jnam)
I've been thinking of other plants to add...and I was thinking of maybe adding something mossy.
In your experience what has been a better moss...java or christmas?
Also, what about moss balls...I heard ghost shrimp love these but are the ok in a 10 gal.

(p.s. jnam if you see this you created a love affair between me and guppies now. thank you so much again)

Java moss is great, but it grows like crazy and you'll have to pull out clumps to sell every once in a while... not that that's a problem! :)

flame moss creeping moss weeping moss willow moss is what i would pick. also crypts or anubias.

moss balls often isnt moss but a algae. some stores sell java moss in a ball and call it moss ball.

willow moss looks pretty cool. But I've never seen it available anywhere...is there somewhere online to get it?

Oh and on the moss ball...so since it's algea (which I think the one at my LFS is...because it looks like a sponge ball rather than clumped java moss) I'm assuming its not particularly recommended correct?

google Cladophora aegagropila you will find pics of them. some people like them personally try to stay away from algae they are slow growers plus you have to often shape it really doesnt hold on to anything just moves around on the substrait. willow moss is one of the harder ones to find maybe put a wanted ad in the classifieds see if anyone has it.

good idea about the classifieds thanks mgamer.
I'm still having a hard time making up my mind about the balls, my tank is small and I dont want anything particularly taking it over or anything...I also don't know if the algae might have any ill effects, I also read lots of debris hangs around these things because they are filled with like mud and some other stuff which is wher the debris comes from...I'm afraid it may cloud my water..I guess I'll just wait and read more and maybe when I get a bigger tank try one out.

well it wont tank over. its a very slow growing algae. fish poo and food get stuck in it often you just swish it around in the tank. form it back into a ball and your done.

Back
Top Bottom