Thoughts on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thoughts or suggestions for 26 gallon Bowfront (soon to be) community tank?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388291471.486035.jpg

Fill it to the top. What kind of fish strike your interest?

Ok I'll do that in the morning. I have some platys, swordtails and a Molly on hold for me at my LPS, and I was looking for maybe a school of tetras or something? Any other options that you know of?

There are plenty of options but its hard to narrow it down without knowing how many fish you're going to be getting livebearers wise and if you are getting mixed genders or females, because they will breed. Also, what kinds of tetras are you looking into, because there are a lot.

I have reserved and paid for 2 platys and swordtails and 1 Molly. I was hoping maybe a school of red minor serpae tetras but there expensive and I'm kinda running out of money...

Then I'd wait on adding more fish and see how the ones you'll be getting go. When you get more cash and if things are going well, start thinking about tetras.

Okay I pick up my platys and stuff mid next week, I'll give them a week and then go back for tetras.

Adding all of those fish at once might spike the ammonia. I would recommend adding them slowly. Maybe 1 every two weeks. Better safe then sorry. The last thing you want to do is rush and end up with 4 dead fish and no more money.

The only problem with that is for me I have to get my mom to drive me 20 minutes to the pet store every time i want to add fish so is there a way I can add more fish without it being dangerous?

Don't be afraid to work a little harder doing extra water changes to keep ammo at bay as your bacteria volnies build up to handle the extra bio load.

Whatever it takes to keep your ammonia at bay until you bb colonies can grow to match the new demand. Do daily water tests to tell you where it's at.

Back
Top Bottom