Tiger Barb Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 37 gallon in my room that I want to add life to. I want to get Tiger Barbs but have some questions.
Are they compatible with Plecos and Cory Cats? I have one pleco and 4 cats and would prefer to keep them.

Also how many can I get. Id like to get a decent amount of them.

What do they eat? Just fish flakes and blood worms? How often should I be feeding them? Worms every other day and flakes every day?

Barbs must be kept in groups of 6+ and need a lot of room to roam or they will get aggressive. The only thing you'll have to worry about is fin nipping as that is what barbs are basically known for. I keep barbs with my shark and they leave him alone if they have space to hide and room to shoal. Make sure you heavily plant or have caves. My barbs eat flakes every day and they clean up every bit so I'm moving them to worms soon.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Tiger barbs are fine with almost anything, IF you keep them in a large enough group. In a 37g, u could have pleco, cories and 7 or 8 tiger barbs

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would look into their much tamer (and probably better looking) cousin Desmopuntius hexazona. I love tigers but like said you really need a big school with an even bigger tank to avoid aggression.

Back
Top Bottom