Tiger barb tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultimatedc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought 6 medium sized tiger barbs this weekend on sheer impulse, have always wanted them and they were 75 cents a piece! Great sale, and even better they had a newbie on register and she only charged me for one! Ha, anyway, they went Into my planted (somewhat heavily) and heavily filtered 29g tank. I want one more schooling species, and a center piece fish... As well as some Otos as I heard they had a low bioload? If I can't fun anything suitable, I have an empty 29g bowfront. Maybe I could make it all barbs and if so, how many? Thanks!

Check out upside down cats. There kinda nocturnal but they school and when you see em all schooling upside down it makes you go wate a min is that normal?

Not a big fan of upside down cats though they would make an interesting school. I'm more so wanting a tetra or barb school that can hold its own against the nippy tigers :) I love cherry barbs but don't know how they'll do.

Most barbs will hold their own against tigers, especially if the tiger school is large enough. If the tigers are in a good size school they will be more interested in their own standing than in the other fish in your tank.

I have my tiger barbs with green tiger barbs and they look nice together. They're the same species though. I've heard black ruby barbs would be ok with them as well, They arent tiger barbs but look similar, I actually like their black and red colors a lot.

Back
Top Bottom