tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Opinions on Albino tiger barbs and regular Tiger barbs schooling together. Thanks! ?

They may or may not swim together. Same species, but different colors or patterns may or may not hang out together. I don't think anybody can guarantee that they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421975096.869609.jpg

I have 5 regular tiger barbs. I only keep them with some Otocinclus. They are probably my most "lively" and active fish besides my dojo loach. Very fun to watch. :) I have them in a 10g but they are supposed to be in a 30g (rehoming soon). Being so active they can be nippy with long fins so beware.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

I've read that you should have a school of each if you have regular, green, or albino tiger barbs.

But more often than not people on here report that they school together regardless of the different types. I want to upgrade to a 75 gallon and turn my 55 into a species tank of just tiger barbs-like 30 of them.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've read that you should have a school of each if you have regular, green, or albino tiger barbs.

But more often than not people on here report that they school together regardless of the different types. I want to upgrade to a 75 gallon and turn my 55 into a species tank of just tiger barbs-like 30 of them.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would love to see that. My 5 dart around their tank and very active swimmers, seeing 30 doing that in a nice big tank would be amazing!

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Back
Top Bottom