Tiny black worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottw68TN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I seem to have tiny black worms in my QT tank. Just set it up this weekend with new sand. No new inhabitants. except apple snails, a couple MTS snails from the old QT and a mollie who needed some attention (melafix) Any takers?

I'll pass

LOL Seriously tho, black worms is a new one on me, especially since this is a new tank and hasn't been around long enough to have lots of extra nutrients, much less support a colony of worms! I'm stumped. Any pics? Maybe its a last ditch effort by a bug or something? I'm guessing no live foods have ever been used in that tank.

nope no live foods or new fish from outside. the kind of move like inch worms. (not exactly the dont loop up) tried to take a pictur but there to small to make out

If you did not buy them in the LFS, and they do not look like babies of any of the organism you did buy; then that means they names are not on the guest list, and they have gatecrashed you tank party and should be bounced off the dance floor. I think??
Only the pretty ones should be allowed in.

Yep they've already been shown the door and roughed up in the alley. Yet I still would like to know thier names so I can make sure they are on the black list.

OMG stop LOL You 2 are TOO funny.

Do you have a digital camera Scott? You'd be surprised how well some of them take pics. If there any any more gatecrashers, try putting one on a white papertowel and take a pic at the highest resolution for example. You should be able to cut out the worm from the pic and it should still be decent sized.

I'm still thinking bug larvae...especially since they moved like inchworms, although I have no idea why I think that. Take a peek here in case I'm wrong: http://www.fishpondinfo.com/micro.htm

Back
Top Bottom