Tips on german blue rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont have room for my ten gallon on my dresser and it is totally taken apart now. Can I just treat my whole 25 gal?

Oh, alrighty then. I would look for ick meds that say safe for scaleless fish in the back. That should go over better with the other onea

Here is another pic of him. None of the other fish have dots.

image-4148704744.jpg

Will this be good enough? It is called kordon ich attack

Yeah that's Ich. You can do the heat and salt. I used Rid Ich + a while ago and it worked great

Should I wait till tomorrow to medicate and do a water change or medicate tonight?

Yeah that's Ich. You can do the heat and salt. I used Rid Ich + a while ago and it worked great

Should I wait till tomorrow to medicate and do a water change or medicate tonight?

Okay I added the kordon ich attack last night. I will dose everday until it goes away. Should I do my regular water change on Sunday?

Okay I added the kordon ich attack last night. I will dose everday until it goes away. Should I do my regular water change on Sunday?

Yes you need to continue WC's as usual and whatever the directions say

No. Don't do WC's everyday. When fish have Ich they are stressed. You don't need to stress him out anymore by doing daily WC's. Your normal WC schedule will be fine. Read and follow the directions on the Ich Attack precisly. Most of the time just temperature increase and time will cure the Ich unless the fish is too far gone. Salt?? I'd be really reluctant to add salt based on the tolerance of the species in the tank. OS.

No. Don't do WC's everyday. When fish have Ich they are stressed. You don't need to stress him out anymore by doing daily WC's. Your normal WC schedule will be fine. Read and follow the directions on the Ich Attack precisly. Most of the time just temperature increase and time will cure the Ich unless the fish is too far gone. Salt?? I'd be really reluctant to add salt based on the tolerance of the species in the tank. OS.

If I'm mistaken you have plants correct? Then salt isn't a good idea. Also the higher the temperature the less oxygen will be available so make sure there is good surface agitation or add a bubbler

I do have live plants and I will turn on the bubbler when I get home.

Still has the spots. Treated for the second day and heat is at 82-86 degrees . I should keep this up for about two weeks right? My water change is on Sunday. Also, is this contagious between fish?

Now the ram is breathing heavily and his face is turing a very dark orange. Any ideas. I'm continuing to dose kordon ich attack daily and will do a big water change on sunday.
image-2553558271.jpg

The spots appear to be dissapearing, they must've fell off and starting multiplying. Must've sped up the process from 86 degree tank.

Back
Top Bottom